Welcome to the wonderful world of trumpet playing!
This book is the culmination of over 30 years working with beginning trumpet students. I have found the course outlined in this book to be the most concise and effective way to learn how to play trumpet.
Also included is The Really Big Student Songbook in its entirety! This is my best- selling book and has been used by thousands of students the world over.
Including Special Sections:
- Cleaning your trumpet.
- Trumpet Do’s and don’ts.
- Note reading.
- Musical terms and symbols.
- Rhythm workout.
- Complete fingering chart.
Here are some tips on how to work with this method:
1. Sit up straight with feet flat on the floor.
2. Keep your head up and bring the horn to you.
3. Keep your head and body still while playing.
4. Tap your foot in quarter notes.
5. Lips should be moist.
6. Set the trumpet on your formed lips, breathe and blow.
7. Take full but relaxed breath.
8. Use a music stand.
9. Practice daily for 30-90 minutes.
11. Keep the trumpet on lips during short rests.
12. Rest as much as you play during your practice session.
13. Always play with the same embouchure.
14. Follow the lesson plans in this book.
15. Hold fingers down when changing notes.
16. Always play with your most beautiful sound.
1. Don’t slouch or lean on your chair.
2. Don’t let your head get lower while you play. 3. Don’t bounce your head to the beat.
4. Don’t tap the written rhythm.
5. Don’t play with dry lips.
6. Don’t hold your breath while setting the horn on your lips.
7. Don’t raise your shoulders when you breathe or play. 8. Don’t prop your music up on a desk, table or bed.
9. Don’t cram all your practicing into the last day.
10. Don’t “ha” or “poo” your notes.
11. Don’t remove the trumpet during short rests. 12. Don’t cram your practicing into 10 minutes.
13. Don’t invent new ways to play the trumpet. 14. Don’t practice randomly.
15. Don’t lift your fingers for every note.
16. Don’t overblow.
Download Sample Pages:
Video 1 Getting A Sound
Video 2 The Exercises
Video 3 Rhythm Workout